Welcome to the Canadian Kangaroo Contest
The 2007 Math Kangaroo contest, an international contest for students in grades 3-12, will take place on Sunday, March 25, 2007. The main purpose of this competition is to introduce participants to math challenges in an enjoyable way, thus, inspiring their further interest and advancement in mathematics.
In October 2006, Canada became a member of the International Association
"Kangourou sans frontieres" (view a
map of Math Kangaroo countries).
Math Kangaroo in Canada representative Valeria Pandelieva joined the
XIV General Assembly of the International Association "Kangaroo without Borders",
which took place on October 11-15, 2006 in Barcelona, Catalonia.
Leaders from involved countries summarized Math Kangaroo 2006 and
selected questions for Math Kangaroo 2007.
In Canada, the contest is organized in cooperation with:
- Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS);
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON;
- Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON;
- Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, Concordia University College of Alberta, Edmonton, AB;
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John\'s, NL;
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics, University of Moncton, NB;
- Carleton-Ottawa Math Association (COMA).
It is available in the following Canadian cities:
Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton, St. John\'s, and Moncton.
Students may choose to participate in English or in French.
For further information on the Math Kangaroo Contest in Canada, please contact Valeria Pandelieva.